Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 01 - A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself

This picture is from a trip to Arizona I took with the USU Swim Team in April 2011.
  1. I graduated from Utah State University with a bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations Emphasis.
  2. I currently work at Utah State University in Campus Recreation as Systems Administrator and Events Coordinator.
  3. I am married (Britain) with one child (Gabrielle), a 2-year-old girl.
  4. I coach the USU Club Sports Swim Team.
  5. My best looking clothes are actually what my younger brother has given me.
  6. I have little to no formal training in IT, networking, computers, etc. but somehow I, unlike many others, turned a hobby into a skill that pays.
  7. I worked at Walt Disney World for 5 months and loved it. Lifeguarding and Merchandise.
  8. I am easily categorized as a nerd. I like shows like Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Lord of the Rings, etc. The list goes on.
  9. In the world of video games, I have a pattern: I love Nintendo originals like Mario, Donkey Kong, and Zelda. My interests expand out from there to include Star Wars, Starcraft, and Halo. That's about it. It seems my tastes have established themselves.
  10. I am movie geek. I like knowing actors and recognizing them in shows for other works. IMDB is awesome.
  11. I like gadgets. Computers, tablets, phones, TVs, etc. Give me a new gadget and I'll keep happy. Now if I only had more money...
  12. I've never left North America (namely, USA, Canada, or Mexico). I plan on changing that.
  13. I love reliving childhood awesomeness. Once, I re-watched the first three seasons of Mighty Morphing Power Rangers; I was in college. Similarly, I secretly (or not so secretly) enjoy watching Sesame Street with my daughter.
  14. Mountain Dew is awesome. I really like it. Canada failed me. It was caffeine free for some dumb reason. Whats the point?
  15. I got a Presidential Scholarship to USU (full tuition and fees, 4 years), same at BYU and Utah. I chose Snow College (its only a two year college). Best decision of my life. Met my wife there. Then we ended up at USU together. I love her most.
Up Next: Day 02 - The meaning behind your Blog name

No comments:

Post a Comment