Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 08 - Short term goals for this month and why

My short short term goals list:


1. Tighten the finances. This phase in life can be hard financially. Add spouse applying for med school, finances get harder. Add student loans, finances get harder. Add dying car that costs buckets of money to fix, over and over, finances get harder. Pay my tithing, be responsible and smart, not spending frivolously, following a budget, etc., we'll make it through.


2. Finish IT goals at work. Truthfully, most who might read this would be bored to hear the details. I'll be brief by saying, I am adding quite a bit of new hardware and implementing several software solutions. Also I have to train quite a few people on varying levels of understanding. I have lots of work that is easy to get distracted away from and then I can't get everything done. Be like Scottie; Miracle Worker.


3. Be better at home. More patient, more helpful, more sympathetic, etc. I don't think I am in the failing range for any of these but its easy to fall into routine. Routine can often give you the false sense of going nowhere. Realistically, you are always moving in one direction or another or another. I want to be moving forward to become more patient, more helpful, more sympathetic rather than assume that I am a great guy that just does those things great (don't mistake that last phrase, I wasn't claiming I've ever done them great).


Told you that was short. Much longer and I'd forget what my goals were. The first one I'm kinda forced to meet by the fact that I need to be able to pay rent and groceries. The second, I suppose I have to meet because I need to be able to pay rent and groceries. The third, I need to always work on so I can have a wife to pay rent for and bring groceries home to.


Up Next: Day 09 - Something you’re proud of in the past few days

No comments:

Post a Comment